Friday, January 14, 2011

Smells like balsamic vinegar

Last night J and I took the subway to another neighbourhood in Buenos Aires and went to an amazing tango show at an outdoor amphitheater. It was so wonderful! It was recommended to us by our Spanish school, and it was free. I was expecting a street show like we had already seen several times on the street, which typically involves a couple dancers a tape deck and a speaker. This was incredible! There was a full band, lighting and in most of the pieces at least one of the dancers were hanging from the ceiling by springy trapeze things. It was really great, and there were so many people there watching. I was trying to think of something on Halifax to compare it to, but I can't.
I am so happy it is the weekend! We finished our first week of Spanish school and tonight are going out for supper and dancing with a girl from school. I am doing my orientation for volunteering on Monday, it is with an organization called LIFE, which is an acronym in Spanish. They do work with children in Buenos Aires from the poor areas. I think it is going to be good!
I must be off, I dropped a large bottle of balsamic vinegar on the floor in the kitchen at lunch time, and it busted, making both me and the kitchen very dirty. The kitchen is clean, but here I sit, covered in balsamic, smelling like a salad (which us somewhat fitting, no?). I must go and take care of the situation!
Love love love Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment