Monday, January 31, 2011

Pops and Tots Mullets

During my many (many, many, many) hours spent working at Canadian Tire (I know, who doesn't love a little 'when I worked at Canadian Tire' story...) I noticed a strange phenonmenon. Often, when dudes have mullets, AND children, often times the little dude has a mullet to match his dad's. Generally the results border on child abuse (that will be my number one project when I return to work...), but that is a discussion for another time.

Since we have been here I have been able to confirm that this phenonmenon is not restricted to Canada (or Dartmouth, for that matter). I would also like to state that the mullets I have seen here are far more serious than those seen in Dartmouth. Theses often involve curls, or, as seen yesterday in the park, the extremely long mullet. I must say my favourite is the curly mullet.

This has nothing to with father/son hairstyles, but there is also a very strong presence of 'rat tails' in men (boys and teenagers as well). They come in different shapes and sizes (braided, covered in thread or dreadlocked, or perhaps specific to Buenos Aires, the multiple rat tail...). They are not always at the very back and bottom of the hairline either. We also saw one of the street vendors selling old dreadlocks. You know. Someone else's dead and (extremely) dirty hair. I think it is for cases of 'rat tail envy'.

Its all a bit overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment