Thursday, March 10, 2011

Baby, you can drive my car.

During the past couple weeks in Chile I have noticed a lot of differences between the cars here and those in Argentina, particularly in Buenos Aires, where the cars were mostly very small. There were lots of Mitsubishis, Fiats, some Kias and, for some strange reason, lots of Jettas with very tinted windows. As I have previously mentioned, Buenos Aires traffic is crazy, and there are about 13 million people living there, so you can imagine they have a small parking situation on their hands. I would never want to drive there! In Chile, for some strange reason, we have noticed there are many more cars that you would see in North America: Fords, Toyotas, Chevrolets, and...wait for it....Mazdas! There also seem to be more mini vans (complete with car toppers) and pickup trucks, both of which we definitely never saw in Argentina. But what I notice most are the Mazda3s, which is making me miss Mr. Stanley. Not driving specifically (and definitely not paying to fill the gas tank), but perhaps just the freedom that accompanies having a vehicle.
Oh, I forgot to mention the plethora of small children (toddlers, really), sitting in the front seat (sometimes on the driver´s lap), or just roaming around the cars. Same cars as in North America, but apparently not exactly the same rules....

This ones for you, Stan. I sure hope grampy is taking good care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment