Monday, February 7, 2011

Ciao (for now!) Buenos Aires!

We made it safely to Montevideo, Uruguay (by way of a ferry to Colonia, Uruguay, for a short visit to the adorable colonial town, and then a 2 hour bus ride to Montevideo).
Though there are definitely things I will not miss about the city (that is perhaps a post for another time), there are more things I will miss. First of all, if for no reason other than convenience and comfort, I will miss having essentially everything available to us (including goat cheese!). I will miss the chaos (but perhaps not trying to walk through the crowds constantly), it's beautiful old buildings,it's (very recent, extremely sad and fascinating) history, the fact that the dogs there all seemed to have owners, as opposed to many other large(and small) Latin American cities. I would like to thank Buenos Aires for being HOT in January, for having a subte system that is cheap, efficient and simple (and very hot), but most of all,I would like to thank Buenos Aires for allowing me to feel, for just a little while, like I was a little part of that big, beautiful city.

Muchas Gracias, Buenos Aires.

No comments:

Post a Comment