Friday, April 29, 2011

South American Ick List

After four months of traveling through this amazing continent, and being grossed out on more than one occasion, I feel I am qualified to present to you the 'South American Ick List'. I can only imagine that I will need to add to this over the next two months.

Get excited. Things that make me say 'ick'.

1. Chilean sewage pipes. Or rather, the smell of them. ICK.

2.  The buckets full of used toilet paper that sit beside the toilets. Sometimes overflowing. I like to refer to these as `poop buckets`. As you can imagine, totally ick.

3. Mangy, stray dogs. Particularly of the long haired variety. They get all dread lock-y and look sort of like dirty rasta dogs. ICK.

4. Bus bathrooms. Once I had to push really hard with my foot to flush and the water flew over the edge and nearly landed on my foot, which was wearing flip flops. Double ick.

5. No toilet seats. I don't understand this, but it happens everywhere, especially in bus stations. Ick.

6. No shower curtain. Big mess, and just generally grosses me out. Perhaps because I feel really exposed. Ick.

7. Dogs mating. Particularly publicly. How rude. ICK.

8.  When the street randomly smells like human urine. Ick.

 Stay tuned for more ickiness....

No comments:

Post a Comment